The papers of California architect William Francis Cody, Fellow, American Institute of Architects, contain student work, architectural
drawings and plans, office records, marketing and public relations materials for his practice, presentation drawings, photographs,
correspondence, and project files from the architect's estate. Architectural plans and drawings, which date primarily from
1946 when Cody began working in Palm Springs to the mid-1970s, are predominant in the collection.
William Francis Cody, Fellow, American Institute of Architects (1916-1978) was an influential Desert Modern architect who
practiced in Palm Springs at the peak of the Modernist movement. Between 1946 and 1973, Cody maintained a diverse practice
in California's Coachella Valley, designing country clubs, residences, hotels, library, and church projects in the local communities
of Palm Springs, Indian Wells, Rancho Mirage, Palm Desert, and in southern California, Arizona, Mexico, and Cuba.
51 boxes (25 linear feet),
50 flat file drawers,
In order to reproduce, publish, broadcast, exhibit, and/or quote from this material, researchers must submit a written request
and obtain formal permission from Special Collections, Cal Poly, as the owner of the physical collection.
Collection is open to qualified researchers by appointment only. For more information on access policies and to obtain a copy
of the Researcher Registration form, please visit the Special Collections Access page. Advance notice for use required.