Writings, correspondence, and photographs, relating to Russian literature, Russian émigré affairs, and post-World War II Russian
refugees in the Philippines.
Ol'ga Morozova was born Ol'ga Kolesova in Khar'kov on 3 July 1877 (N. S.), the daughter of the principal of the Khar'kov Agricultural
School. Graduating from the Khar'kov women's institute in 1895, she established, with her own funds, a primary school for
peasant children on the outskirts of Khar'kov. In the same year, she began a career as a journalist in various local papers
and journals, also authoring a number of popular books on agricultural issues. She married the livestock specialist Iona M.
Morozov and moved with him to Semipalatinsk in 1911, turning her energies to relief and nursing work with the Russian Red
Cross during the First World War. In 1918 she established a 50-bed hospital in Semipalatinsk.
3 microfilm reels
(0.45 linear feet)
For copyright status, please contact the Hoover Institution Archives.
Collection is open for research.