Guide to the Stanford University, Business Office, Cooper Medical College Correspondence
Stanford University. Libraries. Department of Special Collections and University ArchivesMay 2011
Copyright © 2015 The Board of Trustees of the Leland Stanford Junior University. All rights reserved.
Call Number: SCM0057
Creator: Stanford University. Business Office.
Title: Stanford University, Business Office, Cooper Medical College correspondence
Physical Description: 1 Linear feet (1 folder)
Language(s): The materials are in English.
Repository: Department of Special Collections and University Archives
557 Escondido Mall
Stanford, CA 94305-6064
Phone: (650) 725-1022
Administrative transfer, President's Office, 1965.
In 1901 discussion of a union between Cooper Medical College, Lane Hospital and Stanford University began. Nothing came of the discussions until 1905 when President Jordan recommended to the trustees that Cooper be accepted on the condition that it be used for medical research. This was not entirely satisfactory to the Cooper faculty. In 1908, Stanford trustees adopted a transfer agreement. Classes at Cooper continued until all students then enrolled were graduated in 1912. In 1911, the building was restored for anatomy, pharmacology and bacteriology. Pharmacology moved into the building in 1913.
Correspondence, financial statements, and reports relating to absorption of the Cooper Medical College and Lane Hospital, San Francisco, by Stanford University. Correspondents include Timothy Hopkins, David Starr Jordan, J. M. Stillman, and Ray Lyman Wilbur.
Cooper Medical College.
Hopkins, Timothy, 1859-1937.
Jordan, David Starr, 1851-1931
Stanford University. School of Medicine.
Stillman, John Maxson, 1852-1923.
Wilbur, Ray L., (Ray Lyman), 1875-1949