Correspondence, financial statements, and reports relating to absorption of the Cooper Medical College and Lane Hospital,
San Francisco, by Stanford University. Correspondents include Timothy Hopkins, David Starr Jordan, J. M. Stillman, and Ray
In 1901 discussion of a union between Cooper Medical College, Lane Hospital and Stanford University began. Nothing came of
the discussions until 1905 when President Jordan recommended to the trustees that Cooper be accepted on the condition that
it be used for medical research. This was not entirely satisfactory to the Cooper faculty. In 1908, Stanford trustees adopted
a transfer agreement. Classes at Cooper continued until all students then enrolled were graduated in 1912. In 1911, the building
was restored for anatomy, pharmacology and bacteriology. Pharmacology moved into the building in 1913.