The Haslett Warehouse photographs, 1928, circa 1990-2000, (SAFR 24645, P15-018) are comprised of photographs of the Haslett
Warehouse building, formerly the California Packing Corporation plant, at the foot of Hyde Street in San Francisco, California.
The collection has been processed to the Collection level and is open for use.
The building was designed by architect William S. Mooser, Jr. and built between 1907-1909 for the California Fruit Canners
Association. In 1916, the company merged with three other canners to form the California Packing Company, with foods baring
the Del Monte label. From 1937-1948, the building served as storage space for the company's goods until it was purchased in
1948 by the Haslett Warehouse Company. The State of California purchased the building in 1963. It was placed on the National
Register of Historic Places in 1975, and in 1978 it was acquired by the National Park Service. The building currently houses
a hotel and the San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park Visitor Center.
Source: National Register of Historic Places Inventory - Nomination Form, 1975.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.