This collection contains maps, ledgers, and registers related to Calvary Cemetery in San Diego, CA.
Established around 1876 as a Catholic cemetery by Father Antonio Ubach, Calvary Cemetery in San Diego's Mission Hills’ community
was used extensively from 1880 to 1919. After the last burial in 1960, it fell into disrepair and a city resolution converted
the cemetery into Calvary Memorial Pioneer Park in 1970. Of the more than 600 gravestones and monuments that remained in the
cemetery, 142 were preserved in a section of the park while the others were removed to the city's Mount Hope Cemetery.
0.25 Linear feet
The San Diego History Center (SDHC) holds the copyright to any unpublished materials. SDHC Library regulations do apply.
This collection is open for research.