The Patrick Cunneen collection of South End Rowing Club photographs, 1880-2003, (P07-004, SAFR 23145) is comprised mainly
of club members rowing, swimming, running, and socializing at their boathouse in San Francisco and in other locations in the
San Francisco Bay Area. The collection has been processed to the item level.
The South End Rowing Club is one of the oldest rowing clubs on the Pacific Coast still in existence. It was established in
San Francisco in 1873, and its boathouse has been in various locations in Aquatic Park since late 1908. It has been in its
current location at Hyde and Jefferson Streets since 1937. The club members participate in both professional and amateur rowing,
as well as swimming, running, and handball competitions. They also participate in many social activities, including their
annual St. Patrick's Day celebration.
Some items available online.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.