The UC Davis Web Archives, created using the California Digital Library's Web Archiving Service (WAS), preserves websites
in the entire "ucdavis.edu" domain to document the history of the University's activities and accomplishments. Special Collections,
as the repository for the University Archives, collects records of historical value for the University. Previously, many of
these records have been in print form, now much of that information can be found on campus websites. This ongoing project,
started in 2011, captures the websites of the University's administration, schools and colleges, academic departments, administrative
units, organized research units, intercollegiate athletics, and student organizations.
The University of California, Davis campus, originally known as the University Farm, was established by an act of the State
Legislature in 1905. A committee appointed by the Regents purchased land near Davisville (now Davis) in 1906. The Regents
officially took control of the property in September 1906 and constructed four buildings in 1907. By 1930, the campus had
grown to 1,000 acres and by 1951, it had become 3,000 acres. In 2007, the campus has expanded to 5,300 acres, making it the
largest UC campus in acreage.
473 online resources
Copyright is protected by the copyright law, chapter 17, of the U.S. Code. All requests for permission to publish or quote
from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf
of the Department of Special Collections, General Library, University of California, Davis as the owner of the physical items
and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Collection is open for research.