Cash book and inventory of the Vaca Valley and Clear Lake Railroad.
The Vaca Valley Railroad was incorporated in 1869 to build from Elmira to Vacaville, California. It was later sold at auction
and extended from Vacaville to Winters, with right of way acquired to Madison. In February 1877 the Vaca Valley and Clear
Lake was incorporated and operated under that name until 1888, when it became a part of the Northern Railway. This company
completed the line up the Capay Valley to Rumsey in July 1888. The Vaca Valley and Clear Lake was controlled first by the
California Pacific and later by the Central Pacific and Southern Pacific.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Director of Collections. Permission for publication is given on behalf of
the CSRM as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which
must also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research.