Lux Radio Theatre collection
Margaret Herrick Library © 2013
Title: Lux Radio Theatre collection
Date (inclusive): 1936-1955
Collection number: 182
Creator: Lux Radio Theatre
Extent: 42 linear feet of papers.
Repository: Margaret Herrick Library. Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Available by appointment only.
Property rights to the physical object belong to the Margaret Herrick Library. Researchers are responsible for obtaining all necessary rights, licenses, or permissions from the appropriate companies or individuals before quoting from or publishing materials obtained from the library.
Lux Radio Theatre collection, Margaret Herrick Library, Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
Gift of Lever Brothers and J. Walter Thompson Company, 1966
Lux Radio Theatre was an American radio program created through a collaboration between the J. Walter Thompson advertising agency and its client Lever Brothers, the maker of Lux toilet soap. The hour-long dramatic program, broadcast from 1934 to 1955, used stars from the screen and stage in radio adaptations of popular films and plays.
The Lux Radio Theatre collection spans the years 1936-1955 and encompasses 42 linear feet, consisting of 23 feet of disc recordings and 19 feet of scripts. The 1,750 discs contain more than 750 of the 844 shows, beginning with the first Hollywood broadcast in 1936.
Arranged in the following series: 1. Disc recordings; 2. Scripts
Lux Radio Theatre