Record Series 527 contains the administrative files of the Office of the Dean including committee minutes, budget and personnel
files, memoranda, reports, and materials relating to specific programs and institutes.
The UCLA School of Law was founded in 1949. In 1947 the California State Legislature appropriated money for the construction
of the law school building on the UCLA campus. The first class entered in 1949, but the building was not occupied until 1951.
In 1952, 44 students became the first graduates of the law school. In 1967 the new wing was completed, which housed 50 faculty
and 1000 students. The next major addition was the Hugh and Hazel Darling Law Library, which was completed in 1998. The School
of Law commemorated its 50th Anniversary on January 20, 2000.
9.2 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection is held by The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University Archives
can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish or quote
must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.