The Marinship Corporation records (SAFR 14318, HDC 90) consists of work ledgers, correspondence, memoranda, photographs, reports,
scrapbooks, and ephemera which document certain phases of activity of Marinship Corporation between 1942-1945.
An additional finding aid that includes arrangement, added entries and vessel name lists is available. This collection has
been processed to the collection level and is open for use without restriction.
In March 1942, W.A. Bechtel Company agreed to set up a Marin Shipbuilding Division at Sausalito; the organization became known
as Marinship Corporation in November of 1942. On June 27, 1942 the facility was complete enough for the first keel to be laid.
Between then and August 14, 1945 Marinship Corporation delivered fifteen liberty ships to the Maritime Commission.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.