On October 25, 1917 at the invitation of Principal Passmore of Chico High School and Mrs. S. Anderson twenty-nine women assembled
at the High School for the purpose of forming a Mothers Club. At the following meeting, November 9, 1917 the name was changed
to High School Parent-Teachers’ Association. The meetings were usually held once per month during the school year.