The collection contains one ledger pertaining to the activities of the Pastime Gun Club from March 9, 1893 to January 11,
The Pastime Gun Club was formed in March 1893 and was organized primarily for trapshooting. H.E. Doolittle and Charley Julian
served as Club Presidents for much of the Club’s existence. The Club did not include teams, but consisted of individuals who
competed, with several making a profit through competitions. In June 1893, the Pastime Gun Club obtained approval from the
City of San Diego to use one acre of City Park (now Balboa Park) for a trapshooting range. The Club also held target practice
at Mission Cliff Gardens and in Old Town. In December 1904, the City Council was petitioned to remove rifle ranges from Balboa
Park due to safety and noise issues. The Pastime Gun Club removed their target practice from Balboa Park in 1904-05. The Pastime
Gun Club disbanded around 1918.