Collection primarily consists of early Hopkins Marine Station Resident Director Walter Kenrick Fisher’s correspondence; also
includes clippings, reprints, photographs, and a partial typescript of “Life Between Tides.”
Hopkins Marine Station is the marine laboratory of Stanford University, located in Pacific Grove, California. Founded in 1892,
it the oldest marine laboratory on the US Pacific Coast.
.75 Linear Feet
All requests to reproduce, publish, quote from, or otherwise use collection materials must be submitted in writing to the
Head of Special Collections and University Archives, Stanford University Libraries, Stanford, California 94305-6064. Consent
is given on behalf of Special Collections as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission
from the copyright owner. Such permission must be obtained from the copyright owner, heir(s) or assigns. See: http://library.stanford.edu/spc/using-collections/permission-publish.
Restrictions also apply to digital representations of the original materials. Use of digital files is restricted to research
and educational purposes.
The materials are open for research use; materials must be requested at least 48 hours in advance of intended use. Audio-visual
materials are not available in original format, and must be reformatted to a digital use copy.