Eureka (built 1890; ferry) certificate (SAFR 14305, HDC 97) consists of one certificate of inspection for the ferry EUREKA
dated 1957. A photocopy of the certificate is with the original. The collection has been processed and is open for use without
EUREKA was built in 1890 at Tiburon, CA for the San Francisco and Northern Pacific Railway. Her original name was UKIAH. The
ferry originally carried commuters between San Francisco and Tiburon during the day and hauled railroad freight cars at night.
In 1907, UKIAH was re-routed to the Sausalito-San Francisco Ferry Building route by her new owners, Northwestern Pacific Railroad.
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.