Cal Poly Pomona celebrated its 50th anniversary in 1988. The records document commemorative events and programming held during
the 1988-1989 academic year and include administrative papers, correspondence, financial records, photographs, memorabilia,
and materials for an unrealized time capsule.
The school that would eventually become Cal Poly Pomona was established in 1938 at the former site of the Voorhis School for
Boys in San Dimas, California. Charles Voorhis, the founder of the Voorhis School, donated the campus to the state of California
in 1938 with the understanding that it would serve as the southern branch of California Polytechnic State University, San
Luis Obispo. The Voorhis Unit, as the site became known, operated as a satellite of Cal Poly San Luis Obispo for the next
11.67 Linear Feet
Unpublished manuscripts are protected by copyright. Permission to publish, quote, or reproduce must be secured from the repository
and the copyright holder.
Advance notice required for access.