The Clark & Beuttler records span 40.5 linear feet and date from 1920 to 1968. The collection contains notes, clippings, small
sketches, and correspondence, all organized by project. The collection also consists of black-and-white photographs, negatives,
and Clarke’s postcard collection which is organized by location and/or subject.
The partnership of Hervey Parke Clark and John Frederick Beuttler began in 1946 when they established an architectural firm
in San Francisco, California. Some of their major projects include the renovation and addition to the Citizen’s Federal Savings
and Loan Association at Market and Kearny Street in San Francisco, the War memorial in the San Francisco Presidio, and the
Storke Student Publications Building at Stanford University and at the University of California, Santa Barbara, as well as
residences in Southern California.
40.5 Linear feet
(14 record storage boxes and 10 flat file drawers)