The Committee on Sites for the Southern Branch was created to serve the University of California (UC) Board of Regents in
an advisory capacity. Regent Edward Dickson proposed the creation of the committee to help select the permanent campus of
the University of California, Southern Branch (now known as University of California, Los Angeles). On December 2, 1924 UC
president W. W. Campbell appointed seventeen citizens of the Los Angeles area to serve on this committee. The Committee consisted
of: Henry W. O'Melveny, James R. Martin, Harry Chandler, W. E. Dunn, Guy C. Earl, Jr., Meyer Elsasser, William M. Garland,
Edward D. Lyman, Maynard McFie, Henry S. McKee, Clinton E. Miller, Irwin J. Muma, Henry M. Robinson, Joseph Sartori, Charles
F. Stern, Walter K. Tuller, and W. L. Valentine.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.