Record Series 71 contains the original constitution of the Association of Academic Women and its revisions.
In 1945, The Association of Academic Women (AAW) was founded by a group of women faculty at UCLA. It split with the Faculty
Women's Club, which was originally funded in 1918 and continued as the Faculty Wive's Club. The purpose of the AAW was to
advance the professional interest of its members, represent women faculty to the University, and provide an opportunity for
its members to meet and exchange ideas with each other.
1 boxes (0.4 linear feet)
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
Open for research. STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF. Advance notice is required for access to the collection. Please contact UCLA Library
Special Collections for paging information.