The Sierra Valley & Mohawk Railroad was incorporated October 1, 1885. It ran westerly about 39 miles from near the present
location of Plumas Junction to Mohawk, near the town of Blarisden, California. Name changes occurred with the incorporation
of the Sierra Valley Railroad (January 4, 1895) and the Sierra & Mohawk Railway (incorporated June 14, 1911). The branch
came under the control of the Nevada-California-Oregon Railway in 1900, and was consolidated with it on January 1, 1915, becoming
known as the Sierra Valley Branch. It was abandoned in 1918 after purchase by the Western Pacific.
Copyright has not been assigned to the California State Railroad Museum. All requests for permission to publish or quote from
manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the District Collections Manager. Permission for publication is given on behalf
of the CSRM as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder,
which must also be obtained by the reader.