This collection contains San Diego Bar Association Auxiliary records including administrative and financial records as well
as documents regarding their philanthropic programs and events such as the Courthouse Tours and the Blackstone Ball.
In 1952, a small, representative group of wives of members of the San Diego Bar Association collected under Mrs. David Pain,
the Auxiliary’s first president. Invitations were sent out to the judicial community to join the Auxiliary and by December
18, 1952, the last group meeting of the year, membership totaled 123. Their original purpose was to provide assistance to
the Legal Aid program in San Diego. The group would become known for its philanthropic and social events spanning just shy
of half a century.
12.5 Linear feet
The San Diego History Center (SDHC) holds the copyright to any unpublished materials. SDHC Library regulations do apply.
This collection is open for research.