The Quarter Century Club, whose members have been affiliated with the Davis campus for
twenty five years or more, was organized in 1939. This small collection contains the club's meeting minutes from
1939-1989 as well as several clippings that feature the club.
According to the minutes of the club's first meeting in September 1939, the idea for the group was formed at a
reunion of men who had been affiliated with the University Farm. The minutes state: "To commemorate the olden
days and to stage a sort of old timer's reunion, it was suggested that we call the "actives" together during the
sheep show at the Golden Gate International Exposition on Treasure Island."
Copyright is protected by the copyright law, chapter 17, of the U.S. Code. All requests for permission to
publish or quote from manuscripts must be submitted in writing to the Head of Special Collections. Permission
for publication is given on behalf of the Department of Special Collections, General Library, University of
California, Davis as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the
copyright holder, which must also be obtained by the researcher.
Collection is open for research.