Chambers of Commerce of the San Fernando Valley Collection
expansion of business, industry, and suburban consumer culture throughout the San
Fernando Valley during its post-war period of rapid growth from the 1950’s through the
The West Valley Associated Chambers of Commerce was organized in December 1927 by four
West San Fernando Valley chambers of commerce -- Canoga Park [formerly Owensmouth],
Chatsworth, Northridge [formerly Zelzah and North Los Angeles] and Reseda [formerly
Marion]. The chambers joined together to promote a spirit of cooperation among the West
Valley's business, residential and civic interests, and to advance the civic,
commercial and industrial welfare of the region through legislative action.
Copyright for unpublished materials authored or otherwise produced by the creator(s)
of this collection has not been transferred to California State University,
Northridge. Copyright status for other materials is unknown. Transmission or
reproduction of materials protected by U.S. Copyright Law (Title 17, U.S.C.) beyond
that allowed by fair use requires the written permission of the copyright owners.
Works not in the public domain cannot be commercially exploited without permission of
the copyright owners. Responsibility for any use rests exclusively with the user.
The collection is open for research use.