The records of the Department of Pesticide Regulation (DPR) consist of 14 cubic feet of textual records reflecting the agency's
administration of California's many and varied pesticide regulatory programs. The records are dated from 1950 to 2004, are
separated into three subgroups, and include ten record series.
Agriculture has always been a major component of California's economy. Mention of some form of pesticide regulation responsibilities
can be found in the state's budget as far back as 1923 under the Department of Agriculture's Division (sometimes Bureau) of
Chemistry. Between 1962 and 1968, it appears that the Division of Chemistry shared pesticide-related responsibilities with
the Division of Standardization and Inspection.
For permission to reproduce or publish, please contact the California State Archives. Permission for reproduction or publication
is given on behalf of the California State Archives as the owner of the physical items. The researcher assumes all responsibility
for possible infringement which may arise from reproduction or publication of materials from the California State Archives
While the majority of the records are open for research, any access restrictions are noted in the record series descriptions.