The collection contains a short history, newsletters, and brochures for the Laymen's School of Religion, which operated in
the San Francisco Bay Area from 1959 to 1969. Following an extension school format, the school offered topical courses (Youth
and the New Morality, for example) with a religious emphasis taught by seminary professors and other academic and experienced
The Laymen's School of Religion held classes in local parishes and in seminaries that were part of Graduate Theological Union
from 1959 to 1969. Teachers and members of the board of directors included a members of the faculty from the GTU consortium.
.1 linear feet (1 folder)
Copyright has not been assigned to The Graduate Theological Union. All requests for permission to publish or quote from manuscripts
must be submitted in writing to the Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of The Graduate Theological Union
as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright holder, which must
also be obtained by the reader.
Collection is open for research.