Record Series 636 contains photographs and a scrapbook assembled by Charles M. Carpenter.
Charles Carpenter (1895-1966) was a member of the core faculty of the UCLA Medical School at the time of its founding. Carpenter
received his M.D. degree at Rochester in 1933, and his Master's degree in Public Health at the Johns Hopkins School of Public
Health in 1941. In 1947, Carpenter was appointed by Stafford Warren as Professor and Chairman of the Department of Infectious
Diseases in the new Medical School at UCLA. During his time at UCLA Carpenter contributed to the organization and design of
the Medical School, established research opportunities abroad for advanced students and faculty, and served as Chairman of
the Animal Care Committee. Upon retirement in 1962, Carpenter was appointed Research Oncologist in the School of Public Health
and continued to direct the Evelyn Castera Cancer Research Laboratory.
0.2 linear ft.
Copyright has not been assigned to the UCLA University Archives. All requests for permission to publish or quote from the
records must be submitted in writing to the University Archivist. Permission for publication is given on behalf of the UCLA
University Archives as the owner of the physical items and is not intended to include or imply permission of the copyright
holder, which must also be obtained.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.