The Pacific Clinics records consists of annual reports, financial statements, correspondence, program and grant proposals,
administrative and organizational records, 1942-1997 (bulk 1960s-1990s), documenting the growth of the clinic's services.
With its central headquarters located in the San Gabriel Valley, Pacific Clinics was originally founded in 1926 as an outreach
of the Los Angeles Child Guidance Clinic. This outreach later became the Pasadena Child Guidance Clinic. In 1980 this latter
name was changed to Pasadena Guidance Clinics, to reflect better the expansion in the range of clients whom the Clinics now
served. The Clinics had begun to treat both children and adults in the early 1970s, after originally concentrating its services
on children. The final name change occurred in 1987, when the Pasadena Guidance Clinics became the Pacific Clinics.
8.0 linear ft.
The use of archival materials for on-site research does not constitute permission from the California Social Welfare Archives
to publish them. Copyright has not been assigned to the California Social Welfare Archives, and the researcher is instructed
to obtain permission to quote from or publish manuscripts in the CSWA's collections from the copyright holder.
Advance notice required for access. Some folders in this collection are restricted because they contain confidential information,
eg, medication records. All restricted material is so designated.