This collection contains papers collected by William Lingo regarding the construction of the Balboa Park Stadium from 1914-1915,
and administrative papers from the California-Pacific International Exposition in 1935.
The Balboa Park Stadium was built from 1914-1915 in the southern section of Balboa Park between 14th Street and Russ Street.
Its first official sporting event was a track meet during the Panama-California Exposition on May 31, 1915. The stadium was
later used by San Diego High School and became known as the Glenn R. Broderick Field. It was closed to school events in 1977
and demolished on August 10, 1979.
0.5 Linear feet
The San Diego History Center (SDHC) holds the copyright to any unpublished materials. SDHC Library regulations do apply.
This collection is open for research.