Finding Aid for the Milton Pflueger drawings of the University of California, Berkeley Radiation Laboratory addition, 1961 0000276

Finding aid prepared by Jillian O'Connor and Chris Marino
Architecture and Design Collection, Art, Design & Architecture Museum
Arts Building Room 1434
University of California
Santa Barbara, California, 93106-7130
805-893-2724
adc@museum.ucsb.edu


Title: Milton Pflueger drawings of the University of California, Berkeley Radiation Laboratory addition
Identifier/Call Number: 0000276
Contributing Institution: Architecture and Design Collection, Art, Design & Architecture Museum
Language of Material: English
Storage Unit: 545
Physical Description: 3.0 Linear feet (1 flat file folder)
Date: 1961
creator: Pflueger, Milton T. (Milton Theodore), 1907-

Access

Partially processed collection, open for use by qualified researchers.

Preferred Citation note

Milton Pflueger drawings of the University of California (Berkeley, Calif.), Berkeley Radiation Laboratory addition, Architecture and Design Collection. Art, Design & Architecture Museum; University of California, Santa Barbara.

Biographical/Historical note

Milton Theodore Pflueger was born in San Francisco, California on October 12, 1907. From 1925 to 1929, Pflueger was a draftsman for the architectural firm Bakewell & Brown, before going to work for his older brother Timothy who was a partner with architect J. R. Miller. In 1940, Milton Pflueger went into partnership with his brother Timothy, until 1946, the year Milton Pflueger opened his own firm in the San Francisco Bay area. Over the course of his career, his more notable projects included: Richmond Memorial Civic Center (Richmond, Calif.), University of San Francisco Richard A. Gleeson Library (San Francisco, Calif.), Headquarters building for the Department of Motor Vehicles (Sacramento, Calif.), and the Herbert C. Moffitt Hospital at the University of California Medical Center (San Francisco, Calif.). Milton T. Pflueger died in 1946.

Scope and Content note

The Milton Pflueger drawings of the University of California, Berkeley Radiation Laboratory addition spans 3 linear feet and dates from 1961. The collection consists of two sets of six architectural drawings in the form of reprographic copies. Drawings include: plot plan and schedules, elevations and exterior details, magnet foundation for cyclotron, and a plan for the opening into the foundation pit.

Subjects and Indexing Terms

Pflueger, Milton T. (Milton Theodore), 1907-
Architectural drawings
Reprographic copies