A ledger from the American Marine Paint Company (SAFR 20037, HDC 1226) contains drydocking and haulout information for various
vessels in the San Francisco Bay Area from 1905 to 1913. It features entries for the C.A. Thayer (398) and Galilee (408).
The American Paint Company first appeared in the San Francisco City Directory sometime between 1903 and 1907. (The San Francisco
Maritime National Historical Park Research Center does not have directories for 1904 through 1906, so the first entry found
was in the 1907 directory.) James M. Botts was listed as president of the company in 1907. In 1911, the company is listed
in the classified section under the city directory heading "Paints, Oils and Glass (Importers)" but not under the heading
"Paint Manufacturers." By 1913, it is listed under both headings. No other paint company listed under these headings specifies
Some material may be copyrighted or restricted. It is the researcher's obligation to determine and satisfy copyright or other
case restrictions when publishing or otherwise distributing materials found in the collections.
This collection is open for use unless otherwise noted.