The General Steamship Corporation, Ltd. charter party ledgers, 1923-1941 (SAFR 23818, HDC 1663) collection contains charter
party agreements pasted into 6 large ledger books. The collection has been processed to the collection level and is open for
use without restrictions.
The General Steamship Corporation, Ltd. was organized in 1920. The company's first president was Harry S. Scott. Allan K.
Hulme joined the operation in 1923 and later became vice president in charge of Charter, Sale and Purchase. General Steamship
Corporation was primarily an owners' agent and broker with headquarters at 240 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA and offices
in Seattle, WA; Portland, OR; and Los Angeles, CA and agencies in San Diego, CA; Vancouver, B.C.; Callao, Peru; and Valparaiso,
Chile. (Source, company letterhead and Harold Huycke collection, HDC 1600, Series 3.08, File 095)