Record Series 665 contains the exhibition files of the Wight Art Gallery, created between 1941 and 1998.
Frederick S. Wight Art Gallery
Established in 1953 as the University Art Galleries for the display of fine art in UCLA's Art Building, the gallery was renamed
the Frederick S. Wight Art Gallery in 1973 in honor of Frederick S. Wight (1902-1986), chairman of the art department and
director of the original University Art Galleries. In 1965 the gallery moved from the Arts Building into the Dickson Art Center
where it was used for student shows and traveling exhibitions. In 1995 the gallery staff moved to the Armand Hammer Museum
of Art and Cultural Center, and the Wight Art Gallery became known as the New Wight Gallery, located on the UCLA campus in
the Eli and Edyth Broad Art Center (formerly known as the Dickson Art Center.)
86.8 linear ft.
Copyright of portions of this collection has been assigned to The Regents of the University of California. The UCLA University
Archives can grant permission to publish for materials to which it holds the copyright. All requests for permission to publish
or quote must be submitted in writing to the UCLA University Archivist.
COLLECTION STORED OFF-SITE AT SRLF: Open for research. Advance notice required for access. Contact the UCLA Library Special
Collections Reference Desk for paging information.