Quan Su, the “Ambassadors’ Pagoda” was built in the 1400s for diplomats from the neighboring Buddhist countries of Laos and
Siam (now Thailand). It is the most active Buddhist center in Hanoi. Here a man prays for the soul of a relative whose picture
joins others on the communal altar.
Clifford, Geoffrey, Photographer
Balaban, John, 1943-, Collaborator
The Bancroft Library, University of California, Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-6000