B.F. Conaway photograph of five roller mills on the ground floor of the Olive flour mill
Flour & meal industry
"Opening Day, Olive Mill, interior." Showing five roller mills on the ground floor. The Olive flour mill was one of Orange
County's first industries. The original mill was built in 1882, and was destroyed by fire in September 1889. The second mill
opened on April 8, 1890. The three-story, 40 x 50 foot main building was located near the northeast corner of Oceanview and
Lincoln Avenue. Both mills ran on water power supplied by the main irrigation canal of the Santa Ana Valley Irrigation Company.
The mill building was demolished in 1932.
California State University, Fullerton
1890 April 8
glass negative 554, binder number 190
Material in the public domain. No restrictions on use.